LEAP is the parents of the Lagunitas School District, working hard to build a fundraising community to benefit all of our programs: Montessori Elementary, Open Classroom Elementry and the Middle School. We need your support!
Help us bridge the gap between state funding and what it actually takes to produce happy, well-rounded, well-adjusted kids. We need you to participate in any way that you can!
LEAP, a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation of parent volunteers, develops, cultivates and sustains resources to benefit all the children in the Lagunitas School district. We raise funds for the Montessori, Open Classroom, and Middle School programs.
LEAP volunteers raise funds through three main channels:
- Active Fundraising – these are fundraising events which are held throughout the year. In the past, we have hosted dinners, live music, DJs, book fairs, and school fairs. Also, included in active fundraising is Sponsorship. We ask local businesses to sponsor LEAP financially.
- Passive Fundraising – local restuarants offer ‘Give Back Nights’ where a percentage of sales from a give night are donated to LEAP. We also take part in a Scrip program where Good Eart and United Supermarkets will donate 3% of grocery totals for people who show our Scrip card. Amazon Smile is another good example of our passive fundraising.
- Pledge – Pledge is a key piece of our fundraising! We ask familiess of currently enrolled students to donate either montly or annually to our school. Our goal in 2019-2020 is to reach 100% participation in pledge by our families. We ask for $720 per year per child which is what we spend per child on educational enrichment in our district.
The Lagunitas School District provides outstanding education through unique programs, excellent teachers, and extraordinary parent involvement. Our innovative programs serve as models for other schools across the nation. Our graduates consistently excel in high school, emerging unusually well adapted to the real world with many going on to attend the best colleges and universities in the nation.
Strong schools like ours develop responsible citizens and leaders. Your support is essential to provide the children of San Geronimo Valley with the quality education they deserve.
Remember: LEAP is US!
Our current Board of Directors:
- Jodie NewDelman (President)
- Leslie Durkee (Co-President)
- Neily Messerschmidt (Treasurer)
- Ashley Fullerton
- Carlina Bjork
- Dana Russ
- Kerry Olivotti
- Robin Hendrickson Nelson
- Jessica O’Connell
- Adam Vurek
- Tracy Signor
- James Sanders (Secretary)